City Council meetings are held on 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7:30 pm. See meeting rebroadcasts on KALB TV or online at albanyca.org/KALB and youtube.com/AlbanyKALB. Due to COVID Pandemic, this is a zoom virtual meeting with viewing and participation information below.
Items for discussion: Proclamations: Fire Prevention Week & Indigenous People's Day; Ballot Resolutions: Temporary Protected Status, Proposition 15, Proposition 16, Measure W; Solid Waste Procurement Consultant Services, Salary Schedule Update, East Bay Community Energy Presentation, Eviction Moratorium Amended, Alameda County Mosquito Abatement District Appointee
Agenda and Support Documents http://albanyca.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?event_id=49e72460-2736-4a3b-ac2e-e2ab67a9339a
To Register for this Event: https://albanyca.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_NNh5pUrcRmGo1vZACHbRtg
COVID-19 NOTICE – PUBLIC MEETING GUIDELINES
Consistent with Executive Orders No. N-29-20 from the Executive Department of the State of California and the Alameda County Health Officer’s Shelter in Place Order effective March 17, 2020, the City Hall will not be open to the public and the City Council will be participating in City Council meetings via phone/video conferencing. The public is invited to watch and submit comments via the methods below:
How to watch the meeting from home:
1. Meetings are streamed live and recorded on YouTube (www.YouTube.com/AlbanyKALB)
2. To listen to the meeting by phone, please call at the noticed meeting time 1 (669) 900-9128, then enter Webinar ID 979 7011 4482, follow by “#”. When asked for a participant id or code, press “#”. Instructions on how to join a meeting by phone are available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362663
3. To observe the meeting by video conference, please go to https://zoom.us/s/97970114482 at the noticed meeting time. Instructions on how to join a meeting by video conference is available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193%20
4. Recorded meetings will be available for viewing on City Website within 48 hours after the meeting. https://www.albanyca.org/recreation/kalb-community-media/city-video-public-meetings
How to submit Public Comment:
1. Members of the public may submit comments in writing by emailing the City Council firstname.lastname@example.org with the Agenda item number clearly identified in the subject line of the email or by mail to City of Albany – Meeting Comments, 1000 San Pablo Avenue, Albany, CA 94706. All written comments received by 5 PM on the day of the meeting will be provided to the City Council and posted on the website. Other written comments received after 5 PM that address an item on the agenda will still be provided to the City Council and be included as part of the meeting record.
2. To comment by video conference, click the “Raise Your Hand” button to request to speak when Public Comment is being taken on the Agenda item. You will then be unmuted when it is your turn to make your comment for up to 3 minutes. After the allotted time, you will then be re-muted. Instructions of how to “Raise Your Hand” is available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205566129%0D-Raise-Hand-In-Webinar
3. To comment by phone, you will be prompted to “Raise Your Hand” by pressing “*9” to request to speak when public comment is being taken on the Agenda item. You will then be unmuted when it is your turn to make your comment for up to 3 minutes. You will be re-muted after the allotted time.
******* KALB supports community access television as a way for Albany citizens to share in the political and social life of their community, and as a vehicle for self-expression and communication.
KALB’s mission is to provide a public forum for expression reflecting the diverse backgrounds, views, and interests of Albany citizens.
Albany, California is a small city of 18,539 (2010 census) residents, located within the greater San Francisco Bay area. Easily accessible to San Francisco by both freeway and public transportation, Albany residents enjoy world-class entertainment, shopping, and all the benefits of living within one of the most interested metropolitan regions in the world!