Chrono Trigger (SNES) - 3:34 - Yu Morimoto
Speed run of Chrono Trigger in 33 segments, completed on April 5 2007. Available in five versions: low/normal quality DivX, and normal/high/low quality H.264 MPEG-4.
I know I could never have accomplished this record by myself. So I would like to thank and give credit where credit is due.
* Squaresoft - For making such an excellent game.
* The SDA staff - For creating and running such a great site and giving me a chance to publish my run.
* Molotov - He introduced my old record to SDA and told me he would like to see my run on SDA. Without him, I woud never have challenged the new Chrono Trigger run and been in the member of SDA.
* Hero of the day - His video gave me the motivation to try Chrono Trigger run. I learned how to avoid enemies from his video. In my old run, I used his great strategy in almost boss battles until Magus. About half of them remained the same in the last run.
* The n00b Avenger - His Level/Stat Chart on GameFAQs enabled me to beat Lavos before getting Epoch.
* Ryuuou Reo - Lots of information about Chrono Trigger on his site was very helpful for my run.
I also thank all the people who visit and post comments on my Chrono Trigger topic.
Here are some more explanations for each segment.
* Segment 1 - First, I set the Battle Mode Wait. After Crono wakes up, I set Battle Gauge Speed and Battle Message Speed 1(fastest) and Battle Cursor to save the last command. Then, I head to Leene Square and enter the gate to A.D.600. I get a Power Glove in Truce Canyon and get a Power Tab and use it to Crono in Guardia Forest. Then I head to Guardia Castle and see Marle disappears in Leene's room. After Lucca joins Crono, I fight 5 Roly Riders to learn Fire Whirl in Guardia Forest.
* Segment 2 - I get a Revive, a Steel Saber, an Iron Sword and a Tonic in Cathedral. When I got a Tonic, I also got an unnecessary Heal. I equip Crono with the Steel Saver, Frog with the Iron Sword and use Slurp to Crono once on the save point.
* Segment 3 - I defeat Yakura. And I head to Leene's room and see Marle returns to the real world. Then I get back A.D.1000 and head to Guardia Castle and am put on trial.
* Segment 4 - I steal 7 Mid Ether from three guards falling down on my way out.
* Segment 5 - I beat Dragon Tank. And I get a Shelter on my way out. Then I run away from the Chancellor and enter the gate to A.D.2300
* Segment 6 - I get a Berserker, a Lode Sword and a Lode Bow in Lab 16. I equip Chrono with the Berserker and the Lode Sword and Marle with the Lode Bow in front of Aris Dome.
* Segment 7 - I beat Guardian. Then I get a Mid Ether in the storage room. After I watch the video of the day Lavos appeared, I returned to the living room and get a Bike Key from Don.
In the next segment, the sound suddenly extremely turns to small. I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable.
* Segment 8 - I win the race against Johny and Robo joins the party in Proto Dome.I head to Factory and equip Crono with the Power Glove on the save point.
* Segment 9 - I get a Shelter, a Titan Vest and a Plasma Gun in Factory. Before the battle with R series, I use Cure Beam to Crono and Rucca twice and set Battle Guage Speed 4. Then I defeat R series and be made to go to the End of Time. On the save point, I set Battle Guage Speed 1.
* Segment 10 - I learn Magic from Spekkio. Then I head to Heckran cave in A.D.1000. I get a Ether and a Mid Ether on my way to Heckran.
* Segment 11 - I beat Hekleran. And I head to Zenan Bridge in A.D.600 and hear that army rations run out from the Knight Captain. Then I head to Guardia Castle and get a Ether and talk to the chef. He gives me a Jerkey and a Power Tab. I use the Power Tab to Crono and a Mid Tonic to Lucca and Marle in front of Zenan Bridge.
* Segment 12 - I give the Jerkey to the Night Captain. And I fight enemies on Zenan bridge. I equip Crono with the Berserker before I fight Zombor After I beat Zombor, I equip Power Glove with Crono in front of Denadoro Mt.
* Segment 13 - I climb Denadoro Mt. I get a Mirage Hand at the bottom of the mountain. I also get 2 Mid Ethers, a Silver Stud and a Silver Earring on the way to the top. I equip Robo with the Mirage Hand and use a Shelter on the save point.
* Segment 14 - I defeat Masamune and get a Bent Hilt.
* Segment 15 - I buy 11 Tonics, 41 Mid Tonics, 21 Revives, 11 Shelters and 11 Heals in Porre Market. And I get a Magic Scarf and a Bent Sword in Frog's House. After I hear about the Dreamstone from Melchior, I head into Mystic Mt. and get a Berserker. Ayla has a party for Crono and joins the party, then after that, I go through Forest Maze and equip Ayla with the Berseker and Chrono with the Magic Scarf in front of Reptite Lair.
* Segment 16 - I wait until an Evilweevil dig a hole in the lower right of the first hole. If it finish to dig the hole, I go through it. I get a Mid Ether, an Elixir and a Full Ether on my way to Nizbel. I equip Ayla with the Titan Vest, Chrono with the Ruby Vest and the Silver Earring and Robo with the Berserker and use a Shelter on the save point.
* Segment 17 - I defeat Nizbel and make Azala to return the Gate Key.
* Segment 18 - I head to Melchior's Hut and have him repair Masamune. After I get Masamune from him, I head to Frog's house and show it to him. Frog makes up his mind fight Magus with Crono. Then I go through Magic Cave and equip Robo with the Power Scarf and Frog with the Berserker in front of Magus Lair.
* Segment 19 - Before I fight Flea, I get 2 Mid Ethers. After I beat Flea, I use 3 Mid Tonic to the three party members. After I beat Slash, I grab a Slasher and a Mid Ether. Then I equip Crono with the Slasher, Robo with the Tin Arm and Frog with the Power Glove and use a Shelter on the save point.
* Segment 20 - On the long way to Magus, I get a Mist Robe, a Dark Mail, a Doom Finger and a Speed Belt. I equip Frog with the Dark Mail and the Berserker and Rucca with the Magic Scarf on the save point.
* Segment 21 - I defeat Magus. In front of Dactyl's Nest,I take the Dark Mail and the Burserker from Frog, the Magic Scarf from Lucca.
* Segment 22 - I climb Dactyl's Nest. I get a Mid Ether and a Meso Mail on my way to the top. After Ayla joins the party at the top, I head to Tyrano's Lair and give the Silver Stud to Crono and take the Berserker from Aylain front of Tyrano's Lair.
* In segments 23-26, In order to get needed EXP and TP to beat Lavos, I fight enemies 77 times for nearly 30 minutes. It's so boring. I think you should skip it.
* Segment 23 - I rescued Kino and fight enemies 27 times in front of the room where Nisbel is. When Crono and Ayla's MP run out I use a Shelter on the save point.
* Segment 24 - I fight enemies 16 times at the same place. In the middle of a series of battle, I take the Silver Stud from Crono and give it to Ayla. When Crono and Ayla's MP run out, I use a Shelter on the save point.
* Segment 25 - I fight enemies 18 times at the same place. In the middle of a series of battle, I take the Silver Stud from Ayla and give it to Crono. When Crono and Ayla's MP run out, I use a Shelter on the save point.
* Segment 26 - I fight enemies 16 times at the same place. In the middle of a series of battle, I use a Mid Ether to Eyla and equip Marle with the Speed Belt.
* Segment 27 - I beat Nizbel 2. Then I get a Full Ether beside the switch which opens up the locked door to Azala's room.
* Segment 28 - I get a Mid Ether in Azala's room and beat Azala and Tylano, And, I head to Enhasa and fight 6 Nus and get a Speed Tab and a Magic Tab. Then I told the lady in Zeal Palace to plant her plant, which creates Sunken Desert in A.D.600. And I fight Golem and wait until the three party members fall. Soon, The Prophets forces Crono to get back to B.C.65000000.
* Segment 29 - I get a Lumin Robe, a Gold Earring and an Elixir in Aris Dome, a Mid Ether and a Swallow in Forest Ruins. Since Ayla's TP lacks three of learning Dino Tail, I fighted three Mutants in Lab 32. In front of Sunken Desert, I equip Crono with the Swallow, Marle with the Magic Scarf and Robo with the Speed Belt and use a Shelter.
* Segment 30 - I steal a Barrier from Hexapod. Fighting enemies, I go around first room and second room and collect a Full Ether, an Elixir, an Aeon Suit, a Full Ether, a Memory Cap, a Aeon Helmet, a Hyper Ether, 5000G and a Full Tonic. Before the battle with Retinite, I give the Magic Tab and the Speed Tab to Marle. Then I beat Retinite. I get two Mid Ethers in Fiona's Villa. After I have Robo stay at Fiona's for helping her, I head to Fiona's shrine in A.D 1000.
* Segment 31 - I sell 1 Hyper Ether, 51 Mid Tonics, all the weapons, armors and headgears except the Lumin Robe and the Aeon Suit and buy one Vigil Hat and one Sight Cap in Fiona's Shrine. And I equip Crono with the Sight Cap, the Aeron Suit and the Power Scarf and Ayla with the Vigil Hat, the Lumin Robe and the Siver Stud. After I collect Robo, I have Lucca save her mom and get a Greendream from Robo. Then I head to the End of the Time to beat Lavos.
* Segment 32 - I defeat each form of Shell Lavos. Before the battle with real form of Shell Lavos, I equip Crono with the Greendream and Ayla with the Gold Earring. Then I beat Shell Lavos and set Battle Gauge Speed 2 on the last save point.
* Segment 33 - All I have to do is beat Lavos and Lavos Core.
I hope you enjoy the run!
Captured by Nate.
- 2007-04-26 03:58:48
- Run time
512KB MPEG4 Uplevel BACK
DIVX Uplevel BACK
FLASH VIDEO Uplevel BACK
MPEG4 Uplevel BACK
OGG VIDEO Uplevel BACK
Uploaded by njahnke on