The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) - 5:39 - Daniel Hart
Speed run of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess with save warping in 43 segments, completed on April 5 2007. Available in five versions: low/normal quality DivX, and normal/high/low quality H.264 MPEG-4.
This is my first speed run and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Obviously, this run wouldn't be possible without everyone who has contributed even the smallest of short cuts. Thanks to pretty much everyone in the gigantic Twilight Princess topic, there are too many people to name. One of the main reasons I put so much work into this run is for it to be put on SDA and hopefully get more people interested in running Twilight Princess, or finding glitches/short cuts.
This run, like most any run, especially the first, has mistakes. I'd say 5-7 minutes could be cut off with a lot of improvements, but I couldn't see more than that without some new breaks. The biggest improvement would come from Segment 31, using the clawshot to jump slash to get over the first couple rooms. I'm too dumb to be able to do it, so hopefully the next person will be able to pull it off.
Some Highlights of the run:
* My first 10 segments are all well done. This is mostly thanks to YautjaElder who gave me some very good times to try and beat.
* Some say my sumoing is quite impressive.
* Arbiters Grounds turned out really well. I was extremely lucky on Stallord, defeating his first cycle in less than 30 seconds.
* Snowpeak Ruins went extremely well and it will be a tough time to beat. Definitely my favorite part of the game to speed run.
* My rupee route turned out to be perfect. I had exactly the amount I needed throughout the whole game.
* City in the Sky turned out better than I had expected.
* Palace of Twilight. This is definitely my least favorite of all the Temples. There are almost no tricks to be used, its quite linear. I still manage to make a very good run of the place thanks to doing it in 3 segments.
* Segment 42 was pretty much flawless
* I get 28 seconds on the Ganon on horseback fight. Definitely the best horseback fight I've ever done.
There are 2 versions of Twilight Princess: The Gamecube version and the Wii version. The Wii version loads faster which makes a pretty huge difference in the long run. So much that I don't think the few neat tricks on the GC can make up for.
I'd just like to say that the remote and the nun chuk will cause a lot of frustration in a speed run for the Wii. I've failed many, many attempts at segments due to unresponsiveness of the controller. Sometimes I wish I would have done the speed run on the GC version, but I've grown used to the remote failing on me.
Thanks to SDA for the amazing site. Without SDA I would have never even thought about speed running Twilight Princess.
Captured by Nate.
- 2007-05-20 05:25:28
- Run time
Uploaded by njahnke on