On NYA work training projects. Boys work on milling machines and lathes, make dies, forge and shape metal for army cots, cut and shape sheet metal for oil cans, and pour lead casings. At Buffalo, N.Y. boys and girls machine small metal boxes for electrical units, work in a foundry, assemble gliders, and assist in the construction of Flying Fortresses in an aircraft plant.
National Archives Identifier: 37228
Local Identifier: 119.7
* Creator(s): Office for Emergency Management. War Manpower Commission. Bureau of Training. National Youth Administration. (09/17/1942 - 01/01/1944) (Most Recent)
* From: Series : Motion Picture Films, compiled ca. 1937 - 1942
* Record Group 119: Records of the National Youth Administration, 1934 - 1945
* Level of Description: Item
* Type(s) of Archival Materials: Moving Images
* This item was produced or created: 1941
The creator compiled or maintained the series between: ca. 1937 - 1942
* General Note(s): Credits: Narrator Melvyn Douglas; photography, F.B. Hyde, D. Nichols.
* Use Restriction(s): Undetermined
Sound Type: Sound
* Accession Number(s): 1518
* Contributors to Authorship and/or Production of the Archival Material(s): Federal Security Agency. National Youth Administration. (07/01/1939 - 09/17/1942), Producer