Financing the DOD acquisition budget: innovative uses of public-private partnerships
- Publication date
- Armed Forces|xProcurement., Public Private Partnerships, Private Finance Initiative, PPP/PFI, HM Treasury, NAO, National Audit Office, Medium Support Helicopter Support Aircrew Facility, Joint Services Command and Staff College, Armidale patrol boats, risk sharing,,
- Monterey California. Naval Postgraduate School
This project identifies a need for alternative financing options in the Department of Defense (DOD) to provide increased capability to the warfighter in todayb2ss exigent military environment. Further, this project compares the history of Public-Private Partnerships in the U.S. Government with the United Kingdom (UK) Ministry of Defense (MOD). We intend to showcase the increased capabilities currently enjoyed by the UK MOD from entering into these agreements. Additionally, it will provide an in depth look of three Private Finance Initiatives (PFI) that Serco Inc. has undertaken and future prospects for the private financing technique. Finally, this analysis will evaluate the value for money gained by using Public-Private Partnerships through proper risk transfer in lieu of Full Up-Front Funding. The examination concludes that continued and expanded use of Public-Private Partnerships provides increased real time capability to DOD while supporting private industry. Public-Private Partnership agreements may not always be the most inexpensive means of procurement from a purely financial standpoint. However, this relationship provides several tangible real time benefits to the government and seeks to reduce the full life cycle cost.
- 2019-05-05 05:31:37
- San Miguel, Joseph G.
Shank, John K.
- Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Naval Postgraduate School (U.S.)
- Approved for public release; distribution is unlimited.
- MBA Professional Report
- Note, the Item of Record as published can be found at https://hdl.handle.net/10945/10129.
- tesseract 4.1.1
- abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.4
- -l eng
- Internet Archive Python library 1.8.1
Uploaded by NPS Calhoun Institutional Repository on