Call to Order 2. Motion to enter into Executive Session and to reconvene in Open Session, for the purposes of: 2.1. To Approve minutes of Executive Session held on March 21, 2022 2.2 To discuss the Superintendent's recommendation for the Director of Business and Support Services position 2.3 To discuss strategy related to negotiations with all bargaining units The public discussion of which would be detrimental to the Committee’s bargaining position.
3. Return to Open Session at 7:00 PM 3.1 Action from Executive Session: To discuss the Superintendent's recommendation for the Director of Business and Support Services position and act as appropriate
4. Approval of minutes 4.1 Minutes of the School Committee meeting held on March 21, 2022
5. Questions and Comments The Hingham School Committee encourages community engagement and welcomes questions and comments as agenda items are discussed at the meeting. In addition, we have set aside up to fifteen minutes at the beginning of this meeting for comments or questions that fall under the purview of the School Committee and are not already on tonight's agenda. If any guests wish to speak, please raise your hand, state your name and address, and address your comments to the Chairperson. Comments will be limited to 3 minutes per speaker and must relate to topics within the scope of responsibility of the School Committee. As established by the Massachusetts General Laws, the responsibilities of the School Committee are to (1) select and to terminate the Superintendent, (2) review and approve budgets for public education in the district, and (3) establish educational goals and policies for the schools in the district. Speakers are encouraged to present their remarks in a respectful manner and to consider the privacy interests of others. The public comment period is not a time for debate or response to comments by the School Committee. The School Committee is not adopting or endorsing any of the comments made during the public comment period.
6. Superintendent’s Report
7. Communications 7.1 Student Communications 7.2 Communications Received by the Superintendent 7.3 Other Communications
8. Unfinished Business 8.1 To receive an update on the Foster and East Elementary School Principal searches 8.2 Strategic Plan Update 8.3 To discuss the 2022-2023 school year calendar and act as appropriate 8.4 To hear a Budget Update 8.5 To hear a Finance/Capital Subcommittee Update
9. New Business 9.1 To discuss proposed amendments to HPS Policy Section D Fiscal Management (first read)
10. Subcommittee and Project Reports Warrants Signed
11. Other items as may not reasonably be known 48 hours in advance of the meeting: