Update: 7th April 2021 - Added a v2 for all the cover plate components, just changed the size of the central positioning block - Re-uploaded file TFT35AdapterforCoverPlate-NoGuide as I'd previously uploaded the GCODE and not the STL - Added Fusion360 file for alignment adjustment if required
Purpose: - I wanted to fit the TFT35 but have it sit centrally in the void left by removing the Creality LCD (OCD moment!)
Warning: - THIS WILL REQUIRE DRILLING BUT IN MY OPINION RESULTS ARE BETTER - This worked for me BUT these are YOUR actions - don't proceed if you are unsure! - Dial is a 7mm drill - Speaker is a 2mm drill - Reset button is a 3.5mm drill - IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DRILL THIS (AS I HAVE) IT WILL NEED TO BE CUT DOWN
Notes: - All the adapter plates are the same size, they just have different purposes - By 'components' I'm talking about the speaker, dial rod and reset switch - Reuse 4x M3x8mm from removing the Creality LCD for adapter plate fitment - Use additional 4x M3x8mm for securing board - OR Use additional 2x M3x8mm AND 2x M3x12mm for board and cover
Instructions: - STEP 1: Print a 'Test Guide' STL and PLACE OVER the TFT35 v3.0 to check component alignment
- STEP 2: If satisfied cut off the component test circles and prongs then fit into machine to check case alignment
- STEP 3: If satisfied print out a 'Drilling Guide'
- STEP 4: Fit 'Drilling Guide' to machine and drill through desired circles (i.e. I only used the dial for mine - personal choice)
- STEP 5: Either cut the component circles and prongs from the 'Drilling Guide' -OR- print a 'NoGuide'
- STEP 6: Fit into to Case then fit TFT35 v3.0 to adapter plate
- STEP 7: If using the 'Cover Plate' use 2x longer board bolts which pass through the adapter plate to secure the cover down