I could not get my original upload of this to work so I am trying again.
This is my second attempt at a singing tree. I liked the my first version but I learned a bit more about drawing the parts and redid my work to incorporte my new skills. The first tree was 10mm thick pieces without borders. I learned how to extrud the pieces to include a 2mm wide border along the edges of the pieces to a hight of 10mm and made the thickness of each piece 6mm. The pieces are quite strong at 6mm and will now use less material to make. Each part is labeled with an identifier on the front face that is recessed 2mm into the part.
This zip file contains the STL to make the tree shown in the Assembly picture. The tree is about 1171mm tall and 875mm wide (46" tall and 35" wide). All the parts will fit on an Ender 5 pro bed. The tree (not including the ornaments) holds 185 pixels. If you include the ornaments as shown there are 208. The ornaments are optional and are intended to be "hung" with monofilament. There are 3mm holes in the ornaments and on parts: 2, 4, 8, 9, 14, 17, 19 and 20 to hang the ornaments. There are a total of 27 pieces without ornaments. The prop has places to hang 8 ornaments for a total of 35 pieces if desired. There are two test pieces included to set up your printer.
Printer: I have been printing in PLA+. I'll have to see if it holds up outdoors! I use CURA (v4.80) as my slicer. I set the "Horizontal Expansion" setting to -0.21mm. This allows for a snug fit for the joints. I will turn on "Supports" for the following parts: Left Eye, Right Eye, Tree 8 and Tree 9. They have the "female" end of a "hidden" joint on the back side that is 3mm thick.
Assembly: Please use the two Assembly pictures to see how to put it together. "Assembly" is just a picture of the final prop. "Assembly 1" labels each part.
At the time of writting this text file, I have not completely printed the entire tree. So before you print it, I can't say the parts all go together and I can't say it will be perfect!
Thank you for looking at or even attempting to print this. I would be interested in any feedback.
I will try to get an Xmodel defined once I print it and can find a good way to wire it.