TWIAR 1216 NAT
- Publication date
- ARRL, FCC, shortwave, space, TWIAR, Amateur Radio, Ham Radio, Podcast, Communications, TWiT, Onno Benschop, VK6FLAB, Propagation, History, News, DX, AMSAT, Bruce Paige, Foundations, Facebook, Twitter, regulatory, tower climbing, history, webinar, POTA, SOTA, US Forest Service, Idaho, Wildfire, SEA-PAC, convention, cellular, RFI, jamming, Field Day, proclamations, hamvention, youth initiative, reverse beacon, DX Engineering, Penta Laboratories, vacuum tubes, ARDC, Bradley University, open source, transceiver, Germany, NASA, JWST, James Webb Space Telescope, Washington State, drill, YOTA, YOTA Camp, ITU, anniversary, India, reunion, ESA, satellites, European Union, IARU region 1, Sable Island, DXPedition, Voyager, NASA, retirement, ARDC, education, IARUMS, GNU Radio, Windows, UK, Albania, spying, Northern Ireland, drones, Ofcom, sunspots, Tetra Communications network, Google, Artificial Intelligence, sentience
PODCAST: This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1216
Release Date: June 18, 2022
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This week's edition is anchored by Terry Saunders, N1KIN, Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Eric Zittel, KD2RJX, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Approximate Running Time: 1:42:02
Podcast Download: https://bit.ly/TWIAR1216
Trending headlines in this week's bulletin service:
1. Successful 2022 SEA-PAC Ham Radio Convention Celebrates 40th Year
2. UPDATE: FCC Proposes Record $34,000 Fine for Alleged Interference and Unauthorized Transmissions During Wildfires
3. UPDATE: FCC Upholds A Fine For Cell Jammer Used By A Dallas Company To Block Employees Phone Use
4. Proclamations Honor Amateur Radio in Run Up to ARRL Field Day
5. AMSAT Announces Youth Initiative at Hamvention
6. Reverse Beacon Network Launches Updated Website
7. DX Engineering Adds Penta Laboratories RF Vacuum Tubes To Product Line
8. ARDC Grant Enables Bradley University Students To Develop An Open Source, 915 MegaHertz Digital Transceiver System
9. German Radio Amateurs Debut New Disaster Response Program
10. NASA Investigates Webb Telescope Damage
11. Amateurs Play Important Role In Washington State Emergency Drill
12. Youth On The Air Camp Helps Youths Build New Skills And New Friendships
13. International Telecommunications Union Ham Radio Station Celebrates Sixty Years On The Air
14. Amateurs In West Bengal Reunite A Family Separated For Two Years
15. European Space Agency Develops Plan To Reduce Clutter Of Unused Satellites
16. Standardized Chargers For Handheld Devices Are Coming In The European Union
17. International Amateur Radio Union Region 1 Amateur Challenge Finalists Announced
18. New Website Is Launched To Support The Sable Island DXpedition
19. NASA Says the Voyager Space Probes Are Scheduled To be Powered Down
20. ARDC Grant Will Fund Publication Of The Book, Kits For 2,240 Students, and A Field Trip For Fourth Graders
21. IARU Monitoring System Region 1 Newsletter Reports An Increase In Unidentified Intruders On The HF Bands
22. ARDC Grant Will Help Make GNU Radio Easier To Use On Windows And Improve The GUI, GNU Radio Companion
23. Two Brits Arrested In Albania As Police Accuse Them Of Spying After Seizing Radio Gear
24. Northern Ireland Young Person's Morse Tutor Kit Building Event
25. Commercial drones set for take-off under new Ofcom plans
26. Why did Sunspots disappear for 70 years? 1645-1715
27. UK police to spend tens of millions on legacy Tetra Communications network
Plus these Special Features This Week:
* Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, will talk about how a few Google engineers claim that their AI called Lambda has achieved sentience. We will also take a look at how you should secure your router.
* Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO - AMSAT Satellite News
* Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will address some common tower vocabulary.
* Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will tell us about Smith..The Chart To End All Charts
* Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
* The latest from Parks On The Air and Summits On The Air (May 2022 Report) with Vance Martin, N3VEM
* Bill Continelli, W2XOY - The History of Amateur Radio returns with another edition of Amateur Radio History Headlines.
RSS News: https://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: https://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in identification breaks every 10 minutes or less.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, weekends on WA0RCR on 1860 (160 Meters), and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! The bulletin/news service is available and built for air on local repeaters (check with your local clubs to see if their repeater is carrying the news service) and can be downloaded for air as a weekly podcast to your digital device from just about everywhere, including Acast, Deezer, iHeart, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, TuneIn, Stitcher, iVoox, Blubrry, Castbox.fm, Castro, Feedburner, gPodder, Listen Notes, OverCast, Player.FM, Pandora, Podcast Gang, Podcast Republic, Podchaser, Podnova, and RSS feeds. This Week in Amateur Radio is also carried on a number of LPFM stations, so check the low power FM stations in your area.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net. Or, just ask Siri, Alexa, or your Google Nest to play This Week in Amateur Radio!
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with our Executive Producer, George, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please feel free to follow us by joining our popular group on Facebook, and follow our feed on Twitter!
Thanks to FortifiedNet.net for the server space!
Thanks to Archive.org for the audio space.
- 2022-06-19 04:14:31
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.4