Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This week's edition is anchored by Terry Saunders, N1KIN, Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Eric Zittel, KD2RJX, Will Rogers, K5WLR, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Approximate Running Time: 1:18:30
Podcast Download: https://bit.ly/TWIAR1218
Trending headlines in this week's bulletin service:
1. Field Day 2022 In The Books And ARRL Reports Over 500,000 Contacts Submitted
2. We're back! International Amateur Radio Exhibition Celebrates Relaunch
3. Southern California Exercise Tests Winlink Global Radio Email
4. Hurricane Watch Net Keeping An Eye On Developing New Storm Systems
5. Spanish Amateur Radio Union URE To Hold On The Air Jubilee
6. Successful Pedestrian Foxhunt Was Held In Ohio
7. Humanitarian Zorro Special Event Station Coming Up
8. Disaster Communications Workshop Held Jointly In India and Japan
9. Alpha Amplifier Richard Ehrhorn W4WA / W4ETO Becomes A Silent Key
10. Historic Transmitter Will Remain Off The Air On Alexanderson Day
11. Let's Go Shopping For QSOs At WalMart
12. Special Event Station Celebrating The Thirteen Colonies Runs Though July 8th, 2022
13. New Licensees Take To The Air In South Africa
14. Do you know the difference between 12 and 24 hour time? How about UTC?
15. The FCC clears Starlink for mobile operations against Dish Networks wishes
16. Upcoming on the air contests and upcoming ham fests and conventions
17. The ARRL has selected a new treasurer
18. DX Engineering now carries a full line of RF Output tubes
19. AT&T and Verizon agree not to roll out 5G in the vicinity of airports due to older aircraft altimeters
20. The International Amateur Radio Union Region 1 coverage of low band intruders for June 2022
Plus these Special Features This Week:
* Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, asks if you area worried about up and coming technologies, and will answer the question, is it safe to buy third-party lithium-ion batteries?
* Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO - AMSAT Satellite News
* Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will tell you what you should be on the look out for when performing a tower and antenna inspection.
* Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, is curious and asks, If you had the money, what would your amateur adventure look like?
* Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
* Bill Continelli, W2XOY - The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of his special summer series entitled Amateur Radio History Headlines
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in identification breaks every 10 minutes or less.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, weekends on WA0RCR on 1860 (160 Meters), and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! The bulletin/news service is available and built for air on local repeaters (check with your local clubs to see if their repeater is carrying the news service) and can be downloaded for air as a weekly podcast to your digital device from just about everywhere, including Acast, Deezer, iHeart, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, TuneIn, Stitcher, iVoox, Blubrry, Castbox.fm, Castro, Feedburner, gPodder, Listen Notes, OverCast, Player.FM, Pandora, Podcast Gang, Podcast Republic, Podchaser, Podnova, and RSS feeds. This Week in Amateur Radio is also carried on a number of LPFM stations, so check the low power FM stations in your area.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net. Or, just ask Siri, Alexa, or your Google Nest to play This Week in Amateur Radio!
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. If you would like to volunteer with us as a news anchor or special segment producer please get in touch with our Executive Producer, George, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please feel free to follow us by joining our popular group on Facebook, and follow our feed on Twitter!