Sellwood Laboratory and storage compound was originally the Portland Railway, Light and Power Company's Sellwood Division Carbarn Office and Carmen's Club. It was later used by USFS forest entomologists and pathologists as a laboratory, insectary, photo lab, storage facility, and shop. Located at: 8825 Southeast 11th Avenue, Portland Oregon.
Photo by: David McComb Date: April 1964
Credit: USDA Forest Service, Region 6, State and Private Forestry, Forest Health Protection. Collection: Region 6, Forest Health Protection slide collection housed at the Regional Office in Portland, Oregon. Image reference: 5200 - USFS R6 Timber Management, Insect and Disease Control; 210.
Note: This building is on the USDI, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places. Its original name/purpose was: Portland Railway. Light & Power Sellwood Division Carbarn Office and Carmen's Clubhouse. More info: npgallery.nps.gov/pdfhost/docs/NRHP/Text/02000670.pdf
For related historic program documentation see: archive.org/details/AerialForestInsectAndDiseaseDetection... Johnson, J. 2016. Aerial forest insect and disease detection surveys in Oregon and Washington 1947-2016: The survey. Gen. Tech. Rep. R6-FHP-GTR-0302. Portland, OR: USDA Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Region, State and Private Forestry, Forest Health Protection. 280 p.